At The Hewlett-East Rockaway Jewish Centre we see our congregation as a family and the building as our home. We welcome young and old alike. It is never too late to get involved in the many programs and activities Etz Chaim has to offer. There is something for everyone if you just give it a chance! We are proud of the many facets of our Shul: our award winning Nursery and Religious Schools, our top-of-the-line Youth Group, our daily Minyan and Shabbat Services.
It takes the efforts of so many people, professionals and lay people alike, to run and manage an institution as large and as vibrant as ours. The leadership in your Shul is always willing to listen and encourages its members to share with us your thoughts, ideas and opinions.
Hewlett-East Rockaway Jewish Centre/Congregation Etz Chaim (HERJC) is a warm, vibrant, traditional-egalitarian Conservative congregation. Our diverse, forward-thinking community is one in which learning, prayer and social action flourish.
Since its founding in 1949, HERJC has been recognized for creating a welcoming environment in which each member—regardless of age, stage of life or background—feels a connection to one another, to the Jewish people, to the United States, to the land and state of Israel, to Judaism and to God.
We are committed to continuing to provide innovative, interesting, and thought-provoking programs that:
- Foster lifelong learning from pre-school through adulthood
- Celebrate our Jewish heritage
- Deepen the sense of community among our Congregational family
- Promote religious involvement of all members, and enhance their spiritual experience
- Encourage intergenerational cooperation
- Nurture the state of Israel and our relationship with it
- Serve the needs of our members, the local community, the United States and K’lal Yisrael, the Jewish people throughout the world.
The Pirkei Avot says the world rests on Torah, Avoda, and G’milut Chasidim. So too does our Congregation.