The PA is an integral part of the Hewlett-East Rockaway Jewish Centre Nursery School. Our school is very lucky to have a wonderfully involved and active Parents Association. We ask all our families to join the Parents Association by paying dues at parent orientation. Volunteers are warmly welcomed. The Parents Association serves two equally important functions. It allows you to connect with other HERJC parents and it provides special “extras” for our school. The Parents’ Association works closely with Cheryl Karp to help support and enhance our children’s experiences and strengthen our community. Throughout the year the PA runs enriching events and programs which include:
Parents Association Lunches, Brunches and Ladies Night Out, Birthday Parties, Fall Festival, Parent Nights, Food Drive, Mitzvah Crib, Weekly Challah Sale.
Shake a Lulav with Lori, Truck Day, Teddy’s Night Out, Challah, Book fair, Chanukah Baskets, Boutiques, Chanukah Parties, Wanna Do City 4’s Moving Up Day, Read a Thon School Clothing, Our Gala Grand opening of our art show.
The Parents’ Association also raises funds in various ways to supplement school programming and materials beyond what the budget allows. In the past few years, the generous support from the school community has allowed us to:
- Build and continue to maintain a state-of-the-art playground all of our children.
- Build a brand new atrium and reading garden for the children
- Buy new technology, play kitchens, and books for the classrooms
- Purchase materials to enhance the school’s Judaic Programming
- Provide each classroom with a brand new CD player
- Completely revamp the school’s library
- Purchase die cut machine, laminating machine and bookbinding machine for our art resource room
- Purchase a digital camera and printer
To join our Parents Association and volunteer, email email@example.com